← Blog home
What is the perfect large holiday home?
Whether it’s for a short break or a longer holiday, renting a large holiday cottage with a group of family and friends can be an extremely stress-free way of getting away from it all. Not all holiday cottages are created equal however – so how do you ensure that you find a luxury cottage or large holiday home that meets all of your needs?
It’s easy to narrow down your holiday cottage search based on the number of bedrooms you require for your party. However, you should pay just as much attention to all the other areas of the house in order to keep everyone happy. There should be enough public rooms to allow everyone to spread out, and in summer outdoor space is equally important.
A Home From Home
The best holiday cottages provide all of the comforts of home, but in a new, exciting and peaceful setting. Amenities are equally as important as space, allowing you to enjoy your getaway in comfort.
In luxury cottages and large holiday homes alike, a useful checklist to keep in mind is:
- Bedrooms: do you have sufficient numbers of doubles and twins? In a luxury holiday home, linen and towels are usually provided.
- Bathrooms: make sure there are enough! Luxury holiday cottages should have multiple baths and showers, and en suite facilities for parents and grandparents are especially useful.
- Public rooms: is there enough room for adults and children to have some space of their own? An extra sitting room, playroom or games room will be very welcome, especially on a rainy day!
- Kitchen: is it fully equipped with everything you need to cater for your party? A dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer are all extremely useful, especially when travelling with children.
- Dining area: in large holiday homes especially, make sure the dining facilities are large enough to seat everyone at once.
- Entertainment: luxury cottages often come with TV and DVD facilities, as well as supply of books and games.
- Outdoor space: if you have young children, an enclosed garden is a must, and outdoor seating for adults will be very welcome.
- Parking: if you are bringing several cars, you will need plenty of space to park them all.
A luxury cottage holiday should allow you to relax, recharge, and discover a new place in comfort amid beautiful surroundings and picturesque secenery. Enjoy!